When it comes to tips for your dream engagement photos, I have a few! I’m Khali, a Portland based photographer who has been specializing in weddings, engagements and other relationship milestones for over 7 years!
Below is a list of 5 tips for your engagement photos that will help as you start to plan your shoot!
- Bring anything that reflect your unique relationship. These could include a meaningful item, a pet, or a hobby the two of you share. Props can add an extra layer of personality to your photoshoot and make the photos more fun and memorable.
2. Consider bringing a few outfit changes. This is especially helpful if you are having photos taken in multiple settings. Having multiple outfits can also help you express different elements of your relationship and showcase different sides of your personalities.
3. Don’t forget the accessories! A few statement pieces of jewelry or a special hat or scarf can add an extra pop to your photos.
4. Don’t be afraid to get unique with engagement photo locations! For instance, if you two are major foodies, consider finishing your photos at your favorite burger joint.
5. Have fun with it! Your engagement photoshoot should be a fun and memorable experience. Consider bringing items that make you both laugh and that you can use to have some fun during the shoot.
Picking Outfits for Your Dream Engagement Photos
As for advice for engagement photoshoot outfits, your best bet is to opt for timeless and classic pieces that won’t be dated in the future. Neutral colors like black, white, and beige are always a safe bet and can be dressed up with accessories for a more polished look. Try to avoid wearing anything too bright or flashy that might overpower the photos. We want to draw the eye to the most important part of these pictures – your expressions! Above all, make sure you both feel comfortable and confident in what you’re wearing.
All couples who book their photos with me get access to an exclusively made location and outfit guide! These guides are meant to help inspire ideas of what to wear to your engagement photos. I include examples, links and more to help you in your search!
Thanks for reading my 5 tips for your dream engagement photos and I hope this post was informative! Happy wedding planning!