About Megan and Logan, and why they chose Cannon Beach for their engagement photos!
Megan and Logan met back in 2019 and recently got engaged this past December in the cutest way ever – with a PUPPY!! When I heard about this I think I nearly jumped out of my chair. Talk about a dog-lover’s dream and a total surprise! While Megan was changing in between outfits, Logan told me how he chose to propose with their puppy as a way to truly surprise Megan with an engagement; she was sneakily guessing each time he would try to propose and he really wanted it to be a surprise! With the distraction of a cute little puppy there was no way for her to see the engagement coming!
They scheduled an adventure-filled trip to the PNW to explore and get photos taken for their upcoming small wedding this fall. I loved hearing how they drove through the southern Coast – visiting iconic spots like Samuel H Boardman and enjoying everything the state of Oregon has to offer. Finishing their trip by taking Cannon Beach engagement photos was the perfect cherry on top!
Why Cannon Beach is a classic spot for engagement photos!
Whether you are traveling from out of state to get your engagement photos taken, or you are an Oregon native, you cannot go wrong with picking the Oregon Coast! Although the weather here can be unpredictable, Cannon Beach offers gorgeous views year round and is hands down one of my favorite places to shoot at. You can check out a winter shoot in the rain in this blog post, or a gorgeous summer shoot just north of Haystack here.
Cannon Beach engagement photos | Gorgeous Backdrop Ideas
One of the best features at Cannon Beach is Haystack Rock, the iconic backdrop in most of the images you’ll see below me! When there is a low tide you can get up really close and the shots are awesome. On the opposite side, though, you’ll find some tall grass that I love bringing couples up to for a few shots as well. Some of my favorite shots from this session with Megan and Logan are the photos of them in the grass with the Hallmark Hotel in the background.
Things to do in Cannon Beach, Oregon
Cannon Beach, Oregon is a charming coastal town that offers plenty of activities for people of all ages! Here are some of the top things to do in Cannon Beach:
- Explore Haystack Rock: This iconic rock formation is a must-see in Cannon Beach. You can walk up to it during low tide and explore the tide pools around it. I always encourage my couples to check the tide times (I’ll also do this for you) to keep this in mind for your photos.
- Visit Ecola State Park: This park offers stunning views of the coastline and is home to several hiking trails. The short hike to Indian Beach is a must-do!
- Take a stroll through downtown: This quaint downtown area is filled with art galleries, boutiques, and restaurants. It’s the perfect place to spend an afternoon. One of my favorite crepe shops is here and they have the most AMAZING savory and sweet treats!
- Go beachcombing: Cannon Beach is known for its beautiful beaches, and there’s no better way to experience them than by beachcombing. You never know what treasures you might find!
- Watch the sunset: The sunsets in Cannon Beach are breathtaking. Grab a blanket and head to the beach to watch the sun sink below the horizon.
If you want your own Cannon Beach engagement photos, let’s chat.
I would absolutely LOVE to capture your engagement on the iconic Oregon coast. I photograph weddings, elopements and engagement sessions here all the time! Let’s get in touch and chat more about your photography needs.
I recently had a session at Haystack featured from a sunny September day on Wedding Vibes magazine. Go check it out for more inspiration!