This Hug Point elopement inspiration shoot absolutely took my breath away! This stunning beach on the Oregon Coast is a popular location for weddings and elopements. If you want to travel to the Oregon Coast, you must add it to your list! It is so diverse, offering up cliffside views, a waterfall and of course an epic beachfront.
I have been itching to write a blog post about this session ever since it was featured on Wandering Weddings!
Inspired by the coast’s moody vibe in the off-season, I reached out to Kathleen and Amity to shoot together here. These two are already married but enjoy getting together and modeling for other photographers. They were complete naturals! They excelled at embracing the cold weather and water!
Traveling for a Hug Point Elopement – Things to Consider
- Check out some Airbnbs in the Cannon Beach area HERE
- Pelican Brewing in Cannon Beach and Pacific City is an iconic place for food and drinks – you have to go!
- Visit Haystack Rock, which is a quick 8 minute drive from Hug Point on the Oregon Coast
- Low tide is going to be best to utilize the entire area when getting married. The waterfall in these photos cannot be accessed at high tide!
- Make a trip out of it, and drive into Portland! Go visit iconic places like Cathedral Park, Hoyt Arboretum, Mt Tabor, and the downtown area (with lots of places for food and drinks)
If you’re interested in booking your elopement with me, let’s get in touch!